Saturday, July 18, 2015


My Story




This is not, nor will it ever be, an easy story to tell or relive. But I know we have family, friends, classmates and people who loved my baby sister, Rae, for who she was.  I will explain briefly who my sister was for those who don't know her.  Rae was a hands-on aunt, mother, full time Christian, business owner, entrepreneur, teacher, lover, forgiver, sister, comedian, best friend, and lover of all things, especially the word of God!  With an attitude only she could possess for those of us who knew her, my sister would have Bible study with our children and myself faithfully, something I know as a mother and older sister I should have been doing myself.  That, in itself, taught me things and showed me things that I can admit I lacked on as an individual.  Everyday I wake up I'm grateful for that and her!

Now, as a family, we decided to share pieces of her traumatic murder for several reasons; one being that the media, and the things that one may read through social media, can leave out and exaggerate the facts.  They tend to leave out important facts, or completely get things misconstrued.  This we have learned through this tragedy. Because we still have not received Justice for Rae and our time in court, there is limited information we can share.  However, we want to share this with you in hopes you will understand and share the fact that we still need Justice for Rae.

On July 25, 2012, my sister and her son were on their way home from the store, only to be confronted by a guy who had been stalking her and was now standing in her living room.  He kicked in her front door and was waiting for her and her son with a gun.  He held them hostage at gun point in her home for approximately 30 minutes.  He held the gun to her and her 8 year old son, stating that he was going to kill them both that day.  After Rae pled with him for her and her son's lives, she stated "God, forgive him for he knows not what he is doing" (these are the words her son remembers her vividly stating) before she grabbed her son and they both ran out the back door.

My sister lived only a block away from me and it was only God that had me and my daughters outside that day.  While I was getting my tire fixed, my daughters were running around playing up and down the street.  This is the same street this stalker was chasing my sister and her son down shooting at them trying to kill them both.  Mind you, this is at broad daylight 4 p.m.  in a family neighborhood with children and families outside enjoying the day.  I was standing outside calling my kids to come get in the car, when I heard popping but I figured it was the kids in the neighborhood still letting off fireworks.  Then a sudden silence came over the neighborhood.  I then noticed a lady and a young child running and when I focused my eyes I saw this stalker shooting at my sister and nephew.  I yelled and told him "what the f*** are you doing?  Stop!”At that time, my daughter ran up from the street and told me she was shot, then I saw my baby sister hit the floor as he stood over her and shot her again. The rest was a complete blank after that.  The next thing I remember was being in the back of a police unit at the hospital.


Even while I'm typing this, it is all incomprehensible.  I can't believe I'm even having to share such an unbelievable tragedy.  The majority of my family, including myself, have still not accepted  the facts.

One thing I will let you know is that God is real, because without God's love for us I don't believe any of us would have made it this far.  We struggle daily, but with that struggle we will come together and pray.  And the grace of God gets us through daily!

Another reason we chose to share this is because this stalker met my sister the end of April 2012.  In mid-May, he broke into her house.  The first time he went to jail, he was released on July 2nd, and only because his family was begging her to drop the charges and they promised he would never bother her again.  By July 25, 2012 he shot my sister and daughter and tried to kill my nephew (and could have killed other innocent children playing in the neighborhood ).  After two major surgeries and being on life support for 2 hours, my sister died.

The last and final reason we decided to share this is to let men and women know how serious stalking and infatuation can be.  This monster could not take "no, I'm not interested" for an answer.  This was an incident that happens everywhere to men and women and if you know someone in a similar situation, please feel free to share this story.  This insecure stalker didn't even know my sister for a whole 3 months, didn't know her real name, and didn't know her importance here on earth and to her family.  This monster was so infatuated with what he wanted (Rae), that he coninue to follow, stalk and bother her even with all her rejections and pleads to leave her alone. This monster thought that if he got tattoos of her not even knowing her name,  just knew her as Rae; that this could win her over and get her attention.  


If you have a friend, family member, classmate, neighbor or anyone you know that has a monster around them or in their life like the monster who killed my sister, step up and intervene PLEASE! Before it's too late!  It's cute to crush, to be interested in, or even have love for someone.  But when it gets to the point where you're uncomfortable and scared for your life or the life of your loved one, that devil has to be removed.

I pray that God finds you all with peace and love on this day.  Blessings to you all who took the time to read this and share it.  My family will also be praying for you.  To the family members, school mates, friends, associates and to anyone who has ever gotten the chance to talk or spend a moment of time with my sister, Rae, we ask that you continue to share her story until we get justice.  We pray that her story will prevent this from happening to another precious life.  Please keep our family in your prayers, praying that God's justice be done accordingly!

Love and Blessings from the Alowonle, Fox, WhiteTwin/Swifthorse, Balogun, Jenkins, Harris, and Shannon Families!



Rae of Hope of Baton Rouge La, Inc.

Justice for Rae

Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment