Saturday, July 18, 2015

Rae of Hope Of Baton Rouge La, Inc.

I am thankful to God for all the trails I have endured throughout my life because it has prepared me for this very moment. Every one has their own road to travel. Where you are today may be exactly where God needs you to be in order to fulfill your purpose in life. I know He has placed a special calling on my life so I allow Him to work through me to do His will. I'm humble, grateful, and thankful for all the blessings, gifts, and talents He has bestowed upon me.

July 2014 I created Facebook page Justice for Rae in honor of my very close and dear friend Raolatu "Rae" Alowonle, who was tragically murdered  as a result of stalking. A special thank you goes out to everyone who has took the time to share and like Justice for Rae. The Alowonle family and I are very appreciative of your continued support as we still seek justice three years after Rae's horrendous death. I will forever be grateful that God allowed me a chance to visit Rae a couple of weeks before her life was drastically taken away from a once associate turned stalker. This left family members and close friends in disbelief, devastated, and heart broken. I then began to have a burning desire to educate and bring awareness to the severity of stalking and domestic abuse of female/male victims and their children.





In loving memory of Raolato "Rae" Alowonle I am pleased to announce that Rabiatu Alowonle and I LaMeshia Harvey are the founders of Rae of Hope of Baton Rouge La, Inc., with advocates in Minneapolis, Atlanta, New York, North Dakota, Las Vegas, Florida, Chicago, and Texas. Our non-profit organization plans on assisting in creating a new beginning for those affected by domestic violence, stalking, and violent assaults. Domestic violence/stalking may be tough to talk about but it is the first step towards moving forward. It happens far more than we may ever know. On average 3 women die every day as a result. 1 in every 4 women and 1 in every 7 men are victims. Domestic violence could happen to anyone of  any race, age, sexual orientation, religion, or gender. It affects people of all backgrounds and education levels.
Together we can assist families in need of support. Whether it's monetary donations, volunteering, or sharing our website. We appreciate your helping hands. You never know who you may be helping by just merely sharing.




At you convenience please visit our website and each link listed below. If we may be of any assistance to you or anyone you know please do not hesitate to contact us. May God bless you and your families and fill your hearts with countless positive, beautiful thoughts that no room remains for worry and fear but only love and trust in Him and compassion for others. Remember life is the most precious gift. Share and enjoy it!


Rae of Hope of Baton Rouge La, Inc.

Justice for Rae Facebook page

Google+



Sponsors







Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created. 
Esther 4:14







No comments:

Post a Comment